[Liverpool] LUG Meeting update - 7pm tonight @ LSC

Dan Lynch dan at danlynch.org
Wed Jan 9 15:39:54 UTC 2013

Hi Folks,

A quick update about tonight's LUG meeting at Liverpool Social
Centre<http://www.liverpoolsocialcentre.org/>.
Unfortunately Sebastian is under the weather and has had to postpone his
talk at the last minute. I'm sure we all send him our best wishes and look
forward to seeing the talk another month.

The other details remain the same and I propose that we meet in LSC from
7pm onwards as planned. We can move to The Shipping Forecast around 8pm.
I'd like to have a look at the pile of computer parts down there and begin
sorting through them, or at least making arrangements to come in one day
and do so. Apparently the one working Ubuntu machine left has begun to play
up now so it needs some TLC. It's been almost 3 years since we installed
them and as part of arrangement with LSC we support their computers in
return for the free monthly meeting space. So I guess we're overdue a
payment. If anyone wants to volunteer to help, I propose going down on a
Saturday afternoon sometime to work on it.

Anyway, enough waffling sorry. 7pm tonight at LSC, be there or be square.
Any problems drop me an email as I will pick it up right away on the phone.

See some of you later,