[Liverpool] Arrangements For Next Meet?

Les Pounder lespounder at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 08:42:53 UTC 2013

Hello

Well after that big build up from Dan, I'd better call the Editor to see
what the budget is for flowers & booze. :D

Seriously, I'd love to write about Liv LUG for my user groups page, good to
see a well established LUG, it gives people an understanding of what LUGs
do, and what other LUGs can do.

I know that I am not part of the LUG but may I add my vote to sorting out
the social centre?
Would be a nice story to report on in LXF.

Thanks
Les

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 9:13 AM, Sebastian Arcus <shop at open-t.co.uk> wrote:

> On 30/06/13 22:29, Dan Lynch wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> A quick look at my calendar reminds me that our July LivLUG meet is fast
>> approaching. Wednesday July 3rd. At the moment we don't have anything
>> concrete planned.
>>
>> Some people expressed interest in a talk about Arch Linux. Does anyone
>> want to offer one? Someone else mentioned a talk about Blender to me at
>> the pub last time. If you want to raise your hand and offer a talk I'm
>> sure people would be interested.
>>
>> If we don't have a talk I propose we have a bit of a hacking session
>> fixing up some of those PCs for the social centre. Ubuntu 10.04 is now
>> out of support. I propose Debian 7 with either MATE or Gnome 3 classic
>> mode.
>>
>>  That sounds interesting as well.
>
> Re: Les Pounder visiting and us all being under the spot light, as it
> were, do we get free make-up sessions and exotic fruit arrangements? :D

*Les Pounder*
http://about.me/lespounder
@biglesp on identi.ca & twitter