[Liverpool] Liverpool Linux User Group meeting - Wednesday 8th March

Neil Bothwick neil at stfw.net
Thu May 2 09:09:48 UTC 2013

The next LivLUG meeting will take place next Wednesday, May 8th. A week
later than usual.

This month we will be running a GPG Workshop. The evening will start with
a short talk on GPG and the why and hows of key signing. After this we
will have a key signing session. There is wireless Internet at the venue
for those that wish to bring laptops and signs keys there and then, but
this is not necessary for key signing.

What you will need to bring are proof of ID, a passport or driving
licence is considered authoritative, and printed copies of your key
information. The easiest way to generate these with by installing the
signing-party package (http://pgp-tools.alioth.debian.org), which is also
useful for signing the keys, and running

gpg-key2ps 'Your name or key ID' | lpr

There should be printing facilities at LSC if you want help with this.

Doors open at 7pm and the talk will start at around 7:30.

After the workshop we will move on to a local hostelry, probably the
Shipping Forecast for further discussions, arguments and comparison of
movie references :)

If you haven't been to a LivLUG meeting before, this might be a good one
to start with - we don't bite, a friendly welcome is assured.

We'll meet at the usual venue, the Liverpool Social Centre. Ring the bell
marked basement and someone will let you in. I've included the address
and a map link below:

Next to Nowhere,
Basement, 96 Bold Street,
Liverpool,
L1 4HY

Open Street Map: http://osm.org/go/euf9B7rm4--
Google+ Page:
https://plus.google.com/103885281333213457399/about?gl=uk&hl=en

Hope to see all the old faces and a few new ones there, all the best.

--
Neil Bothwick

After all is said and done let there not be more said than done.