[Liverpool] Hi, new member!

Oliver Stieber oliverthered at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 08:32:25 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm a new member on the LUG mailing list, well I joined a few months ago,
but have been tied down so not been able to attend any meetups etc... (also
not the biggest fan of pubs!)

Anyhow,

As you all may know, Windows XP is going to be out of support sometime mid
2014, and it seems like an ideal opportunity to get Linux out to all those
people with older computers that will run like a dog on later versions of
windows but may well run something like ubuntu (which I suggest due to lt's
versions) etc.... quite well.

I'm currently in saffron Walden for the next few weeks at least and
planning to do at least a few 'moist' runs of distributing ubuntu to
people, along maybe with some advise on memory upgrades and also I have a
load of cross-over office licenses as I worked for about 2 years on the
wine/crossover project writing the DirectX 9 3D layer,

It would nice to know of peoples thoughts on this idea as it seems a great
opportunity of Linux adoption and really a boat that should not be missed!