[Liverpool] December meeting

Neil Bothwick neil at stfw.net
Tue Nov 26 19:43:36 UTC 2013

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 19:35:24 +0000, Sebastian Arcus wrote:

> Well - somebody has to be the odd one out - and as nobody else is
> volunteering, I'll be the one :-)

Well, as I was being awkward about the date, I thought I'd go with the
flow on the venue.

> Shipping Forecast is not exactly quiet - definitely much louder than
> Red Hot I would think. Also, in terms of food value for money, Red Hot
> is much better for a Christmas meal. Hard to make a proper meal out of
> the Shipping Forecast menu, I'd say. On top of that, if we go to the
> same venue we always go to, will it really feel like a Christmas
> meal/occasion, or the usual after-meeting drinks?

That's a very good point, it would be like a meeting without a talk, in
which case, we may as well have a talk and just call it a meeting.

How many people would prefer a venue where they can turn up but not eat?

How about a more traditional restaurant, I now some people don't like
buffets. We went to Bella Italia a couple of years ago.

--
Neil Bothwick

... "I just forgot to increment the counter," Tom said, nonplussed.