[Liverpool] September Meeting

Neil Bothwick neil at stfw.net
Wed Sep 3 07:52:30 UTC 2014

Sorry for the lateness of the announcement, but at least you won't have
time to forget about it.

The next LivLUG meeting it tonight, 3rd September at the Liverpool
social Centre. There is no formal talk planned but we will be discussing
the LivLUG web site. This is currently hosted as a wiki, using DokuWiki,
on the lug.org.uk server but we are now able to use our own domain name,
livlug.org.uk, and web space, complete with goodies like WordPress, so we
can be more adventurous if we wish.

The main points of the discussion are to consider what, if anything, we
wan to achieve with the web site, how to go about it and who will do
what.

After that, around 9pm, we will adjourn to a local hostelry, probably the
Shipping Forecast on Slater Street where we can either continue the
discussions or move onto other topics - usually movie related.

We will begin arriving from 7pm but the discussion won't start until at
least 7:30pm. So come along when you can.

The Liverpool Social Centre is located in the basement next to the
News From Nowhere book shop on Bold St in the Centre of town. There is
a door to the right of the shop entrance with a number of buzzers. You
need the one marked basement. If there are any problems email the list
as many of us will pick up the message right away on our phones and be
able to help.

There is a map and directions on the LSC website -
http://www.liverpoolsocialcentre.org/index.php/contact-us-find-us

--
Neil Bothwick