[Liverpool] LivLUG Meeting - Weds July 1st @ 7pm

John Church j.church at ymail.com
Thu Jul 2 17:17:18 UTC 2015

I just wanted to say thanks to Dan and Seb for 2 very interesting talks last night.

I didn't get a chance to speak to Seb in the pub afterwards but I wanted to ask him, or indeed anyone else whether they'd ever tried Seafile?

http://seafile.com/en/home/

It doesn't use peer to peer like syncthing so its more comparable with services like dropbox or spideroak.

I've been using it as a replacement for Dropbox for about 6 months now. I'm running the seafile server on a Digital Ocean droplet and have the client application installed on Linux, Windows and Android.

It's been really reliable so far although I'm using it with MBs rather than GBs of data so I can't testify to it's scalability.

Thanks,

John