[Liverpool] Liverpool MakeFest - Sat June 27th, 10am - 4pm

Dan Lynch dan at danlynch.org
Wed Jun 24 20:00:34 UTC 2015

Hello folks,

This is a bit last minute sorry, I thought I'd already emailed the list
about Liverpool MakeFest. It's an event happening this Saturday at
Central Library in Liverpool, 10am - 4pm. It's totally free to attend
and there'll be hundreds of geeks there. It's like Maker Faire if anyone
knows of that but it's in Liverpool instead of Newcastle, so obviously
it's better (joke). I love Newcastle, before I get mobbed by angry
Geordies :)

There'll be workshops, demos, games and loads of stalls selling things
like Arduinos, Raspberry Pi, LEDs and other geeky stuff. Not to mention
arts and crafts, stuff to keep the kids entertained and a whole pile of
awesomeness basically.

Have a look at this article from the Echo -
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/five-crazy-things-you-can-9514106

I'm running some workshops on podcasting and helping to organise the
event so I'll be there all day on the top floor if you want to come and
say hello. If anyone wants to give us a hand with the crew you'd be welcome

The main website is at - https://lpoolmakefest.wordpress.com/

It's free as I said but we'd appreciate people booking places via
Eventbrite if possible so we have an idea of numbers. There's over 600
tickets gone already!

Hope to see some of you there, take care,