[Liverpool] Fwd: November Meetup

Neil Bothwick neil at stfw.net
Fri Nov 6 09:47:16 UTC 2015

On Fri, 6 Nov 2015 09:39:29 +0000, Danny Abukalam wrote:

> >> Is there a way to be subscribed to the liverpool linux group and not
> >> get emails for Manchester meets all the time?
>
> Sorry, I'm not at all aiming to be spammy, just thought it would be of
> interest.

It may well be and we have no objection to people posting items that may
be of interest. We've been known to post our meeting announcements to the
lists of other local LUGs.

> > Well, the Manchester groups are subscribed to this list, so they can
> > post. however, I would ask them to put Manchester in the subject line
> > of any emails they send (I thought this was about a LivLUG Meetup).
> > Then you can add a filter to your mail program to not show the emails
> > you are not interested in.
>
> I'll do this in the future.

Thanks, it just makes it easier for people to see what they are reading,
and to mentally filter out posts that are not of interest.

--
Neil Bothwick

Standard: (n., adj.) a design target which manufacturers may embellish,
improve upon, or ignore as they wish, so long as it can be used profitably
          in their advertising.