[Liverpool] Setting up a private email server. .. part 36!

jn1057 jn1057 at inbox.com
Tue Jul 18 18:04:01 UTC 2017

Hi everyone!

Just to update anyone who is interested, I'm still in the process of learning how to host my own email server. Yes there are so many options and choices to make.

So far, I've used namecheap.com to buy my Web domain.

Found a reasonable price on:

therivermerseyside.com

next, find a suitable email forwarding service, aaips.net seems to offer this for £1.20 /month

For those of livlug who have already done this and are laughing at my plodding progress, are ssl certificates and pgp keys possible to get and install after setting up the server? Or do they have to be tackled during the set up?

Many thanks for your advice