[Liverpool] Meeting Next Week: Weds April 5th

Dan Lynch dan at danlynch.org
Fri Mar 31 13:08:45 UTC 2017

Hello all,

I just announced the next LivLUG meeting on the blog, it posts to Twitter etc for us, so I have copied the text below. If you want to see the original post or perhaps share it to others it's here - http://www.livlug.org.uk/2017/03/april-2017-meeting-weds-5th-at-7pm/

Key details are it's Weds April 5th at DoES Liverpool as usual, I'll be there from 7pm but the talk won't start until 7:30pm. This month's topic is Docker - http://docker.com

See ya,

Next week is the April 2017 meeting of Liverpool LUG. It will take place Wednesday April 5th from 7pm GMT, at our usual home of DoES Liverpool in Hannover St, City Centre.

This month we have a guest speaker, Les Pritchard from Chester LUG will be telling us about Docker. It seems an appropriate topic for a meeting in Liverpool but got it's nothing to do with the Mersey this time I'm afraid.

Docker and Containers: From enterprise to the desktop, containers can be a valuable tool for development, testing and production. This talk will introduce Docker and its core concepts. Les will demonstrate the tools he uses and talk about real examples of where it has been deployed.

We meet at DOES Liverpool in the city centre (details below) from around 7pm, the actual talk will start at 7:30pm and we usually head to a nearby pub to catch up afterwards if you care to join us.

Find us at DoES Liverpool in the Gostin's Building on Hanover St, Liverpool City Centre. There is a working lift and the building has good accessibility. We'll be in the first room on the left as you exit the lifts on the 4th floor.

Full location details and directions can be found here - https://doesliverpool.com/location/

We are friendly bunch and all are welcome regardless of technical knowledge or experience.

Hope to see you there,