[Liverpool] Choosing good WiFi options...

Adrian McEwen adrian at mcqn.net
Fri Nov 3 10:43:51 UTC 2017

Morning,

I guess this might only be properly on-topic if we end up with WiFi
routers/access points that are running Linux, but that's probably most
of them these days, right? :-D

DoES Liverpool, where LivLUG meets, is in the process of moving to a new
space (bigger, nicer, just off London Road).  It'll still be a couple of
months before the move happens, but we're working out the details of the
fit-out at the moment - what rooms to have, where walls, power, etc. go...

In the pub post-LivLUG recently there was some talk about what WiFi
infrastructure we should have in the new space, and I know there's some
expertise among the group for that (Sebastian and Dan, for example).

So, I wanted to bring your (collective) attention to
https://github.com/DoESLiverpool/somebody-should/issues/598

That's the Github issue - we (ab)use bug tracking to solve/track to-do
tasks for our physical space - to discuss what sort of networking we
should have, kit to buy, etc.

I'd love it if anyone from the LivLUG community wants to chip in and
help us work things out.

Cheers,

Adrian.

P.S. if you want to see what else is being done/planned or how the move
is going, the "DoES Move: The Tapestry" and "DoES Move" labels should
have the latest state-of-affairs -
https://github.com/DoESLiverpool/somebody-should/labels/DoES%20Move%3A%20The%20Tapestry
https://github.com/DoESLiverpool/somebody-should/labels/DoES%20Move