[Liverpool] Meeting next week

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Mon Oct 30 16:30:58 UTC 2017

On 30/10/17 12:38, Dan Lynch via Liverpool wrote:
> On 29/10/17 23:50, Sebastian Arcus via Liverpool wrote:
> <SNIP>
>> The venue is nice at Shipping Forecast - but the food is, erm, rather
>> lacking. On the other hand, I can't really think of another place in
>> the city centre right now where we could have the Christmas meal -
>> unless our usual rat infested haunt re-opens :-)
>
> Yeah those damn food hygiene inspectors, we like eating
> dangerously!(shakes fist)
>
>> Edit: I've been a few times to Grilla on Hardman St and it's been very
>> good. They have plenty of space and largish tables in the basement.
>
> Don't know it but I'll look the place up, if it's a restaurant they'll
> want us to book and pay deposit in advance. That was the problem last
> year. It becomes £25 per head Christmas menu and I would have to pay the
> money and then chase people. Not getting into that. Somewhere informal
> is probably best but I'm open to suggestions.

I tried to do an online booking for the beginning of December, and it
seems to work without a deposit. But maybe they haven't updated the
website? Alternatively, for a detox style Christmas meal, how about the
vegetarian Egg café? :-) Unfortunately they don't serve alcohol - but I
suppose it would be possible to move on to some watering hole after the
meal? They also have quite a bit of space.

Just throwing in some alternatives - tell me when I should stop :-)