[Liverpool] Advice on colour correcting scuba diving images and videos

Alex Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Mon Aug 27 08:10:42 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Apologies for the cross-post but I thought the LivLug group would likely
have some insights here too ...

I have a number of pictures and videos I've taken on dives at a depth of
10m-20m. As you'll know you lose components of the visible light
spectrum as you go deeper underwater, initially red etc.

There are various strategies to improve the pictures you take underwater
(strobe lighting, white balance correction) and there is post-processing
that can be done to improve the images.

I've tried all sorts of tools but it very quickly seems to get
complicated and I can't seem to crack it.

KDenLive looks good (opensource) and a friend recommended DaVinci
Resolve which also looks interesting.

Does anybody have the time and interest to give me some advice on how to
drive a tool to improve the colour balance of my media?

Thanks!

Alex