[Liverpool] Alternative browser suggestions

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 11:11:41 UTC 2018

On 27/03/18 10:55, Les Pritchard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been using Vivaldi recently (https://vivaldi.com). So far I've
> found it to be a lot lighter on memory usage than Chrome or Firefox.
> I've had Chrome using 10GB+ RAM in the past.

Thank you for that. I tried Vivaldi briefly earlier today and it seems
quite good. There are two small niggles for me. One that it is freeware,
not open source - but depending on your views, that might not be so
important. The second is that I had a distinct impression that the
interface is aimed at ex-Opera fans. Nothing actually wrong with it -
but it is somehow reminiscent of Opera. As I don't have any previous
emotional connection with Opera, I guess that is a bit lost on me. But
otherwise it seems like a decent browser.