[Liverpool] Christmas Meal/Meetup

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Tue Nov 20 17:34:49 UTC 2018

On 19/11/18 17:43, Dan Lynch via Liverpool wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Thanks to those who came along to the November meeting, it was a lot of
> fun and a big THANK YOU to Sebastian of course for talking.
>
> The topic of the Christmas meal/meeting came up and whereas in previous
> years I've tried to book restaurants, find places which serve food
> agreeable to all dietary requirements (no jokes about food poisoning
> please) and generally struggled to keep everyone happy. This year I came
> up with the idea of just having our meeting at DOES Liverpool as usual
> and you can bring any food you like. Turn it into a bit of  Christmas
> party.
>
> There are plenty of takeaways and delivery places nearby. You could even
> bring something home made. I may try to whip something up myself (what
> did I JUST say about food poisoning jokes? I've got my eye on you at the
> back) for the occasion.
>
> Baggsy not doing the turkey though, to be honest I've always preferred
> chicken anyway hehe.
>
> So what do we think? Sound like a plan? It would be the evening of
> Wednesday December 5th. I will also check this is OK with the good folks
> at DOES of course. I don't think it's going to be a wild party but who
> knows.
>
> You can also bring drinks if you like of course, there are fridges and
> so on.
>
> Thoughts welcome :)

Yep - totally agree. There is plenty of space, we can all bring some
food and drinks, it will be mainly us, so less background noise during
the conversations (although I'm sure we can make up for that one :-) )
Good idea!

Of course, hopefully the good folk at DOES are ok with it. Otherwise we
could invite them to join us - not that we are trying to unduly
influence their decision or anything! :-)