[Liverpool] LivLUG Meeting - Weds Nov 6th 2019

dan dan at danlynch.org
Tue Nov 5 13:35:39 UTC 2019

Liverpool LUG meeting - November 6th 2019 - 7pm onwards

Location:DOES Liverpool, First floor, 68-76 Kempston Street, Liverpool,
L3 8HL

This month we have a talk I’m really looking forward to as Julian tells
us about the work he’s been doing on the MING stack. Queue many bad
jokes about Ming The Merciless from me probably, apologies in advance.
Here’s a quick synopsis Julian has kindly written for us so you can see
what it’s about...

"How old is the coffee?

Julian Todd will talk about the MING stack
(MQTT+InfluxDB+Node-RED+Graphana) that's easy to install on a phone in
UserLAND app (easy linux on android) or an Rpi and is the answer all
your IoT dreams — as long as those dreams don't include the smoke+mirror
dreams of Machine Learning doing all the creative work for you.

If there's time, we can follow on to the Thing part of IoT and show how
MicroPython provides both the perfect operating system and API using a
technique known as "scriptleting" on a $2 wifi enabled device called an
ESP8266.  However, for development purposes we recommend working with
its big sister the ESP32. Bring yours along and we'll mesh it into the
network."

As usual ALL are welcome at the user group meeting and no prior level of
Linux skill or experience is required, we’re a friendly bunch and it’s
definitely informal. So just come along and say hello :-)

We usually meet from 7pm but the talk won’t start until 7:30 to give
people time to get in and find a spot.

Full directions to DOES and other information can be found on their
website - doesliverpool.com <https://doesliverpool.com/>

Any questions please ping over to me via dan at danlynch.org
<mailto:dan at danlynch.org>

Hope to see many of you there,