[Liverpool] Ideas For Wednesday?

jn1057 at therivermersey.com jn1057 at therivermersey.com
Mon Feb 3 10:25:37 UTC 2020

Hi Dan,

Has anyone reviewed the Centos distro tailored for Nethserver? Having used it for a while, it seems quite robust. Nethserver's philosophy seems to be to make the distro to be an appliance controlled via Web rather than a general Centos distro. Much of the configuration is controlled via esmith scripts and systems.

Even so, as an appliance, it seems to be quite usable and it achieves an SSL labs security rating of "A" - although that is soon to be downgraded due to Nethserver currently still supporting SSL 1.0

Get Outlook for Android

On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 10:17 AM +0000, "Dan Lynch via Liverpool" <liverpool at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

Hello all,

Yes it's time for another LivLUG on Wednesday and I don't have a speaker
or topic so I'm putting out a call for requests, volunteers or suggestions.

I did have someone lined up to talk about WireShark and security stuff
but they've dropped out it seems, aren't responding to email now anyway.

Any thoughts? Any topic you particularly want to hear about that maybe I
can arrange or anything you want to tell us all about?

Doesn't have to be a polished talk with slides, so don't worry.

Thanks,