[Liverpool] Fitness band which can talk to Linux

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Wed Feb 19 12:41:10 UTC 2020

On 19/02/20 00:48, daniel botting - manlug account via Liverpool wrote:
> On 16/02/2020 11:57, Sebastian Arcus via Liverpool wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Does anyone here use or know of a fitness band type device which can
>> talk to a Linux box to download the data - not just to a smartphone
>> app? Ideally it needs to measure blood pressure as well. Or is there
>> some other type of wearable which can measure blood pressure and talk
>> to Linux maybe?
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Greetings from Manlug :)
>
> This may be what you are looking for potentially:
>
> - https://www.pine64.org/pinetime/
>
> Note it is only recommended for development purposes currently, it is
> not for daily use.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for that link. I've stumbled over it a few days ago - it
actually looks really promising - and very good value! Unfortunately it
only has a step counter and a heart rate monitor - no blood pressure.
Similarly, there is a project to interface with the Xiaomi MiBand
devices from Linux - which again, is really cool. But they don't do
blood pressure either. It seems that only some select health
trackers/bands have the blood pressure functionality.

The Xiaomi MiBand Linux software is here:
https://github.com/satcar77/miband4

Thank you again for the suggestion

Sebastian