[Liverpool] Meetings

Adrian McEwen adrian at mcqn.net
Thu Mar 26 11:49:07 UTC 2020

I think it just uses a server to do connecting people up and then WebRTC
does the heavy lifting (BICBW).  You can host your own, but Jitsi do
provide that for free (you get a small ad for 8x8, the company who seem
to be funding it, after the call).

We've been using it for some of the DoES Liverpool meetups, and it seems
alright.  The regular Thursday evening Maker Night will be on from 8pm
this evening, if anyone fancies dialling in - https://meet.jit.si/bubblino

(Feel free to use that URL for the LivLUG if you like.  It's just an
ongoing open DoES Liverpool chat, but mostly empty apart from organised
events)

Cheers,

Adrian.

P.S. I can't remember if Saul gave a talk on libuv at LivLUG when he was
here in Liverpool and was working from DoES, but he's on the Jitsi team too