[Liverpool] April meeting

Dan Lynch dan at danlynch.org
Mon Mar 30 09:37:14 UTC 2020

On 30/03/2020 10:28, Neil Bothwick via Liverpool wrote:
> As previously mentioned, there will be no real meeting this month, due
> to social distancing (or, as geeks call it, normal life) but we will try
> a virtual meeting using Jitsi. If you are using a desktop/laptop
> computer, you don't need any special software, just point your browser
> at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino - of course you need a microphone and
> preferably a web cam. If you are using a mobile device, install Jitsi
> Meet from the appropriate online store and join bubblino.
>
> Jitsi does have the option to snd a desktop window to the conference, so
> we could have a "talk" although nothing has been finalised, watch this
> space.
>
> --
> Neil Bothwick

Thanks Neil, all sounds good.

I just tried the Jitsi stuff in Firefox and it seems to work nice and
easy. I'll log into the DOES channel on Wednesday about 7pm. Be
interesting to see who else is around as they use it for some other
stuff too. We can expand the LUG audience or just gate crash another
meeting hehe.

See some of you Wednesday :)