[Liverpool] April meeting

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Mon Mar 30 11:52:20 UTC 2020

On 30/03/20 10:28, Neil Bothwick via Liverpool wrote:
> As previously mentioned, there will be no real meeting this month, due
> to social distancing (or, as geeks call it, normal life) but we will try
> a virtual meeting using Jitsi. If you are using a desktop/laptop
> computer, you don't need any special software, just point your browser
> at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino - of course you need a microphone and
> preferably a web cam. If you are using a mobile device, install Jitsi
> Meet from the appropriate online store and join bubblino.
>
> Jitsi does have the option to snd a desktop window to the conference, so
> we could have a "talk" although nothing has been finalised, watch this
> space.

Yep - good idea - I'm all for it as well! As Neil says, we geeks have to
watch out or we might end up enjoying a bit too much all this social
distancing! :-)

Glad there is a conferencing solution that doesn't require installing
stuff - some of the other groups I'm in use Zoom, and I haven't gotten
round to faffing with their installer on Linux yet.

See you all Wednesday

Seb