[Liverpool] Cheap x86 mini-pc with multiple nic's

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Sun Feb 14 19:28:32 UTC 2021

Hello all,

Does anyone have experience with these cheap mini-pc's with multiple
network cards? I quite fancy the idea of turning one into and all-in-one
gateway/router/firewall/vpn endpoint/QoS and even wifi access point.
Kind of like an OpenWRT router - but with considerably more guts, more
storage and a bit easier to install extra software on.

I have sometimes small offices or sites (1-3 workstations) which don't
have the space for the installation of a Linux server in a full computer
box - plus all the cables, wifi access point, network switch etc. This
could cover a linux server / network switch / wifi access point in one -
and for quite a reasonable cost.

Any thoughts?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HFW3XMP/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08JB368GT/