[Liverpool] Ideas for talks

Dan Lynch dan at danlynch.org
Tue Mar 1 09:59:36 UTC 2022

That sounds great, thanks Julian. I will post it on the blog now. It is very short notice to come up with a talk, so a workshop sounds good.

Best wishes,

Dan

On 1 March 2022 09:09:54 GMT, Julian Todd via Liverpool <liverpool at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:
>It's tomorrow. I'll be there and can plug in my laptop to the screen and
>have a look around what it's doing.
>
>Ill do this more as a group workshop than a talk coz I dont know linux well
>enough to recognize everything. I've just got the bare principles. To me it
>looks like about half a dozen crazy hacks that seem by chance to achieve
>everything they need to do. It feels lucky rather than being a big piece of
>philosophy (that comes afterwards). It's kind of like the luxury of being
>able to feel that money isn't important in life if you happen to have a
>trust fund, if that makes sense.
>
>Julian
>
>Julian.
>

>On Sun, 27 Feb 2022, 20:49 Dan Lynch via Liverpool, <
>liverpool at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for that Seb, we can pick something off that list for next time as
>> you say.
>>
>> Julian, the next LUG meet is Weds March 2nd. Are you ok to talk about
>> NixOS at that?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> On 27 February 2022 17:54:38 GMT, Sebastian Arcus via Liverpool <
>> liverpool at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Now that we are top posting :-) ...
>>>
>>> Looking through my notes, I seem to have given talks on the following
>>> topics over the years:
>>>
>>> 1. Introduction to Asterisk VoIP system
>>> 2. Further configuration of Asterisk
>>> 3. UEFI and GPT
>>> 4. Introduction to VLAN's
>>> 5. Syncthing
>>> 6. Introduction to setting up DNS
>>> 7. Setting up an outgoing smtp server (mainly using Exim)
>>> 8. Setting up and configuring SpamAssassin
>>> 9. Using dm-crypt / cryptsetup for root partitions