[Liverpool] Liverpool LUG Meeting - Weds Feb 1st from 7pm

Dan Lynch dan at danlynch.org
Sun Jan 29 15:06:46 UTC 2023

Hello everyone,

Hope you are well and 2023 is being kind so far. It's time for our next
Liverpool LUG meeting and this month we even have a talk planned.

*Weds February 1st from 7PM onwards at DOES Liverpool, Kempston St, City
Centre.*

This month *Gary Wright* is going to be telling us about encryption,
hashes and security stuff. How does quantum computing affect things for
example. He's even provided me with a talk outline which you can see on
the blog if you want more info -
https://livlug.org.uk/2023/01/february-2023-meeting/

You might also want to check this out for a bit preparatory reading -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privacy-enhancing_technologies

As usual the directions to DOES Liverpool are linked in the blog post
and everyone is welcome. So come along and join us.

We meet from 7pm but people tend to arrive in their own time and the
talk definitely won't start until 7:30pm earliest. Just so you know.

Look forward to seeing many of you on Wednesday, best wishes,