[Malvern] Ideas if I don't make the Nag's Head

johnmckeown malvern at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Sep 3 09:22:01 2002

>From beyond the county boundary....

GI> 4. AIUI The Worcester lug struggles to keep up numbers and activities.
GI> How about a merger or maybe joint meetings/fests?

Oh dear, I live in Tewkesbury and found out about Malvern LUG just as
your season ended before summer; was looking forward to coming along
and now you're talking about going north in Worcs (Bromsgrove?)

I go to and help with the Gloucestershire LUG and am also hoping
to learn from Malvern as your web-calendar shows you've successfully
organised structured meetings whereas we in Gloucs are only just
getting past 'chatting in pub' stage, to having proper presentations,
though to be positive we did have a dozen at the first meeting we
held in our new cybercafe (out-of-hours) venue in Gloucester.

Looking forward to new MalvernLUG season. If I can persuade my wife
to bring me (public transport Tewks-Malvern is rotten) I will try
get along this evening or next month; I have a short slideshow
re Windows apps on Linux (Beginner) that I could give, or
something else happy to contribute if wanted.

--
Best regards,
 johnmckeown                            mailto:jmckeown@glos.ac.uk