[Malvern] Knoppix

andy at dragonfly.demon.co.uk andy at dragonfly.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 13 18:00:04 GMT 2004

>>>>> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, "ianpascoe" == ian.pascoe at bt.com wrote:

  ianpascoe> Building on this shaky ground is there anything that is "tailored"
  ianpascoe> for database usage combined with a decent front end programming
  ianpascoe> system?  I assume that there are such things as SQL drivers or
  ianpascoe> equivilant.

  ianpascoe> Geoff I know that you like to tipple in the realms of Pascal and C
  ianpascoe> but are there any other major programming tools that are written
  ianpascoe> for Linnux.

If I understand you correctly then the answer is YES. Both Python and Perl have
interfaces to mySQL and Postgres, as does PHP if you want a web based front end.

  ianpascoe> And the last question is how transportable is code written under
  ianpascoe> one OS derivitive to another.

If you are careful with your coding, perl, python and php will run on windows,
mac and most varients of UNIX.

l8z

andy

GnuPG Key available on request
"The body is like a well oiled machine. Take away a
vital fuel like alcohol and anything could happen."