[Malvern] Ethernet connection to router.

GEOFF BAGLEY geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 3 18:02:57 BST 2004

For those not in the know,  Chris very kindly set up the ethernet link into
my new router
on my Debian GNU/Linux box.  It gave be a few days of real fun,  downloading
and
un-tarring various files for my Pascal compiler. My Debian Woody is now
up-to-date,

Today,  I shut down the system to (dual) boot the Windows98 side.  I wanted
to look into
my  old Turbo Pascal.  On booting up the Linux again,  I find that I have
lost the link into the
router !  No surfing !  The setting up seems to have been volatile.

By the way, interestingly,  most sites don't mind whether I use Konquerer or
Mozilla.
My ISP ( BT Yahoo ) however,  won't talk to Konquerer,,  only Mozilla.
It does not "support"  HTTPS.

See some of you on Tuesday, either at Phil's,  or failing that, at the Nag's
Head.

Geoff.