[Malvern] Setting up network cards.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 17 11:30:57 BST 2004

I have two (dual-booted) machines,  and they now have identical Ethernet
network interface cards.
They are D-Link (Ver.6.0)  cards type DFE-530TX,  and they  both work
fine on Windows98.
On the CD which comes with  each card is a directory /LINUX which
contains a gzipped tar-file with
the driver.   It is  "dlkfet-4.2.4.tar.gz" .

The CDROM drive is linked to /dev/hdc ,  and I can mount this into my
home directory /home/geoff using

mount  -t  iso9660  -r   /dev/hdc  /home/geoff

My directory  /home/geoff/LINUX   contains a file  dlkfet-4.2.4.tar.gz
as I would expect.

However,  I cannot unzip  the file.

I tried  tar  -xvvzf  dlkfet-4.2.4.tar.gz  with no joy.

Where am I going wrong ?

Geoff
(Using Mozilla Thunderbird.)