[Malvern] Writeable by the webserver

Steve Cashmore steve at cashmore.me.uk
Thu Jul 22 23:08:29 BST 2004

At 16:29 22/07/2004 +0100, Robin Wilson wrote:
>Hi
>
>I am trying to set up a php based system on my local webserver. In the
>instructions it says to "Make sure ./fudforum is writeable by the webserver
>but not by everybody.". How should I do this?
>
>I can make it writeable by the webserver, but then it is writeable by
>everyone (at least it is the way I've done it).
>
>There is probably a very simple answer to this....could anyone give me a
>push in the right direction?

I assume it means that the user under which the web server runs should have
write permissions to the file, but not all the other users.  I.E. if the
web server runs under user httpd, then give httpd write permissions to the
file, but not other users.  Seems simple enough unless there is something
in your question I misunderstood...

'man chmod'

--
Steve