[Malvern] Configuring ethernet card.

chris at yordas.demon.co.uk chris at yordas.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 23 16:37:11 BST 2004

geoff.bagley at btinternet.com wrote:

> I want to transfer my DLink  card driver from one Debian box to the other.
>
> What is the prefered filesystem with which to format a floppy ?

Don't use a floppy!  Just tar up the source tree for the driver and ftp the tar
file across onto the other box.  You may need to put a ftp server on TREN to do
it but you can apt-get one of those pretty easily.  Then boot Linux on HAFREN,
copy the driver from the windows partition, compile it up and insert it.  Easy
peasy!

> This box is now Micro$oft free.

Yay!