[Malvern] Configuring ethernet card.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 27 11:54:59 BST 2004

Hi Phil  e amici.

Forgive the Italiano,  but we have Italian guests for the next week +,
and I will not be able to do any hacking.
Then I have to go in  for medical attention.   So it looks like a
fortnight of frustration !  Niente hacking.

The bad news is :  In trying to export the NIC drivers from the machine
on the left (TREN),  I managed to delete/over-write
the floppy drivers, so I  couldn't get anything in or out.

I then found a spare CDROM drive that works :)  That other one went in
the skip, as recommended.

I tried to reinstall the floppy driver from the distro,  and wrecked the
whole installation !
Back to square nought.  I stll have the Windows box with Firefox and
Thunderbird for e-mail.

I now have to wait about two weeks before I can have another go !

Happy Hacking  :(

Geoff.