[Malvern] SuSE 8.0 and upgrade.

GEOFF BAGLEY geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Mon May 17 17:26:10 BST 2004

This one is really for Richard (Meeking), who uses SuSE 8.0 Pro.

I used SuSE 8.0 for some time, and decided to upgrade to the latest 9.1.
I bought the "upgrade" version of SuSe 9.1 Pro.

For those interested, the "Pro" version includes Pascal.

I had to give up, because I kept getting the message "output not supported"
on my LCD screen.
I guess that the upgrade from 8.0 to 9.1 is too big a leap.
I think that sometime, I will get something in between, perhaps 9.0,  and
try doing that.

In the meantime I have Knoppix in its place (in order to get my feet wet).
It is working fine.

See you all Wednesday.

Geoff.