[Malvern] Connecting Equipment

ian.pascoe at bt.com ian.pascoe at bt.com
Fri May 21 14:03:28 BST 2004

Gents

Need someone in the know to point me in the right direction.

The scenario is if you have 2 pieces of quipment running at different
clock speeds but need to talk to one another how is it done?  I assume
that the interface between the, say PC and LAN, has an input and output
buffer that collates the data until the other side can pick the
information up.  Is this right?

Does this also work on a mother board where you have the processor
running at G Hz speeds and the data bus running at M Hz speeds?

Lastly, if you have a scenario of 2 detached houses with a cable linking
both, which is used for telephony, are there any cards available which
allows the PCs to talk together by using the spare bandwidth of the
cable - similar to the principles used in ADSL?

This is not an actual scenario but follows on from the discussions we
had at Geoffs about his new ADSL router.

Geoff thanks for hosting a good evening

Ian Pascoe