[Malvern] Re: Wifi stuff in Malvern

Jonathan Melhuish jon at netacclaim.co.uk
Sun May 30 21:18:18 BST 2004

On Thursday 27 May 2004 10:55, Phil Ironside wrote:
> > I had a bit of a drive around Malvern earlier and found 14APs in total
> > going from Safeway up to the Uni then back down to mine in the bottom of
> > the Link via Graham Rd.  Only 6 had any sort of security configured.
> > Muhahahaha!
> >
> > Chris
>
> MMMMM I want one

Yeah, there's an open AP in the Malvern Link Hardware store.  It's kinda handy
as, although we have our own AP upstairs, the walls are so damn thick in this
place that we get much better reception from the shop's AP towards the back
of the house!

I was trying to persuade my housemate Rob to "open up" our one (only out to
the 'Net, not into our LAN) and point a directional antenna in the direction
of the common.  8-)

Cheers,

Jon