[Malvern] The Vi editor.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 14 08:55:22 GMT 2004

I am editing  the source code of a programme,  and wish to edit another file,
select part of the code,  and then insert it in the prog I am editting.

I.e., I want to re-use some code from another prog, and insert it.

I have searched the man pages of both nano and Vi,  but can,t find the bit
about marking, and then moving a block of  text.

Can anyone please tell me where to look ?
I usually use nano, but it doesn't sem to do that.
I think Chris uses Vi, and so might be able to point me to the right words.

See you Wednesday for the curry evening.

Regards,

Geoff.