[Malvern] Breezing with Breezy...

Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore stuart at sslaxx.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 17:52:35 BST 2005

...well, not quite!

I'm playing with fire with Breezy, as they're changing from non-modular
X.org 6.x to modular X.org 7.x. Keyboard is *mostly* working
(CTRL-ALT-Fx doesn't, CTRL-ALT-anything doesn't either for that matter,
and curiously I can't get the pound symbol despite having it set for a
UK keymap). Lost some applications (and some I'm lurgy to re-install
anything just yet as they'd involve installing the currently-broke X.org
updates).

That said - I've only lost a few apps (Konqueror is the only one that
comes to mind, Totem/Xine isn't an app per se (as Totem still works,
albeit with the GStreamer backend)). The rest seem mostly unaffected -
although XMMS failed to start with the FLAC plugin installed (though
I've switched over to Beep and/or Rhythmbox now anyway).

It's fun! Once X.org is a little more stable, I'm gonna see about some
more serious bughunting...

--
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore
http://www.livejournal.com/users/sslaxx/