[Malvern] Adding a hard drive.

Chris Eilbeck chris at hyperspace.org.uk
Sat Mar 26 14:51:55 GMT 2005

On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 02:48:56PM +0000, Geoff Bagley wrote:

> > What do you mean by running?
> >
> They are powered up, spinning,  and visible to cfdisk.
> Only  hda and hdb  actually do anything, depending on
> which  copy of Sarge is running.

Ah ok.

> Many thanks indeed for the procedure.
> By the way,  I have altered the second ide set-up.
> I now have the extra  drive  /dev/hdc  as master, and the
> DVD is now a CDRW/DVD as slave.

I'm not sure it'll make any difference.  It used to be that the slowest
device on an ide bus made the faster one run at its speed but I don't
think it's like that any more and it doesn't matter so much which is
master and which is slave.

Chris Eilbeck
Tripoli UK Member #9527                                          LSMR