[Malvern] Command queueing

Jonathan Melhuish jon at netacclaim.co.uk
Sat Mar 26 20:29:07 GMT 2005

Hi,

I want to set up a headless CD ripping machine which has a fairly simple
behaviour - when you put a CD in, it rips it to WAV files and plays them.

CDDE should take care of starting the script when a CD is inserted, and ABCDE
should take care of ripping and tagging.

The only bit I'm not sure of is how to queue each WAV file to be played to the
soundcard.  I can think of several options:

*  A command queue, which I can stick "mpg123 file.wav" each time a track
begins encoding
*  A command-line media player that keeps a playlist, and invoking it multiple
times adds files to the playlist
*  A command line player that can play all of the contents of a directory, and
will notice if the contents of that directory is updated

Does anybody know of anything that fits these requirements?

Cheers,

Jon