[Malvern] Perl conference

Phil Ironside phil at creativespaces.co.uk
Tue Sep 6 12:21:06 BST 2005

Yo All

Will see anyone who is around tonight at 5.00 ish but this is good news from the Birmingham Perl Mongers

For those who couldn't attend or haven't heard, the YAPC Europe Foundation
(Norbert) officially announced on the last day of this year's YAPC::Europe
in Braga, that Birmingham.pm have won the bid to host YAPC::Europe::2006.

Big thanks to Steve (well his fault), JJ, Brian, JonB, Mel and Chris for
their efforts in helping to prepare our bid for the last 2 years.

The official announcement was followed by the presentation of the final
version of the official film. For anyone who isn't planning to attend a
social or technical meeting this month, were we'll be presenting the film
again for the group, we will be putting up a small .3gp version soon.

We have a short year ahead with lots of planning and work ahead of us. If
you'd like to be involved helping out please let us know. We will be asking
for volunteers at times (beer will be involved), and we would be very
grateful for anyone who can help us out. We will announcing more details
soon of some of the plans, but for now, make sure you clear your diary ready
for next year.

The provisional dates are 30th August to 1st September 2006, with the venue
likely to be Aston University, Business and Conference Centre. We have yet
to book the venue so cannot confirm either at the current time. But it looks
good.

Congratulations to all. Beers on me at the social next week :)

Barbie.
--

Phil

Creative Spaces