[Malvern] Bios issues?

Keith Edmunds keith at midnighthax.com
Mon Aug 7 08:51:01 BST 2006

On 08/06/2006 10:23:47 PM +0100
Geoff Bagley <geoff.bagley at btinternet.com> said:

> However, I did find out that BIOSs will usually only boot from a CD/DVD
> drive which is wired as the "master" on each ide line.

Hi Geoff

That isn't my experience - the vast majority of systems I have set up
have had the CD as the slave drive on an IDE bus and have booted from
that just fine. Of course there may be exceptions but, to be honest, I
can't remember ever having been unable to boot from a CD simply because
it was the slave.

Not sure if that's of any help to you!

Regards,
Keith