[Malvern] NVidia cards.

Chris Eilbeck chris at hyperspace.org.uk
Wed Jan 25 20:02:02 GMT 2006

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 05:56:38PM +0000, Geoff Bagley wrote:

> However,  it does  NOT now support my network card ( Intel eepro100)  ! So
> I copied the one off this other machine (tren), and ported it across on a
> floppy.
>
> It rejected it saying that it was compiled with an earlier version of gcc
> ! I'll have another go at the weekend.  I have visitors tomorrow.
>
> I also have a spare   DFE-538 network card I can try.
> There appear o be a variety of drivers on the web.

Just modprobe eepro or e100 and your eepro will work.  I used one for years
and had no trouble with it whatsoever.  You might have to put

  "alias eth0 eepro"

in your /etc/modules.conf, just so it autoloads the right driver when you
reboot.

Chris Eilbeck
Tripoli UK Member #9527                                          LSMR