[Malvern] [OT] ADSL speeds

Darren Beale bealers at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 13:02:05 BST 2006

Hi,

My ADSL router reports that it's "DownStream Connection Speed" is 8128
kbps  and upstream is 448 kbps which matches the maximum I should be
able to get on my ADSL Max subscription, however I'm 'only' getting
3Mbps and I'm wondering why.

All three phone points in the house have microfilters and my exchange
(http://tinyurl.com/kwhck) is close by (http://tinyurl.com/zawoh) so
I'm wondering where this missing bandwidth might be.

I'm not really sure how ADSL 'Max' it works except to say that I do
know that after a few weeks of service BT do some magic at the
exchange to regulate the maximum that I can get and I'm wondering if
this could be the reason. It certainly seems odd that I've a 5 Mbps
difference between reported and actual.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Regards

--