[Malvern] [OT] ADSL speeds

Darren Beale bealers at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 14:12:43 BST 2006

On 7/18/06, Andy Morris <zaglabod at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Your reported speed is only the maximum possible, it assumes that the
> network beyond can deliver packets to use that maximum. In my
> experience, this is rarely the case, except in the quiet hours, but
> "quiet" depends on where in the world you are downloading from.

Turns out that WiFi was the culprit even though it was reporting 80%
signal between the bridge and AP downstairs. I've just ran an
extension to the phone point through the windows and now have the
router physically connected here.

I'm now seeing consistent speeds of 5+ Mbps as opposed to a connection
that was dropping out every 10 mins.

Cheers

Darren Beale
http://bealers.com