[Malvern] BIOS problems.

GEOFF BAGLEY geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 22 12:15:05 BST 2006

I have just been to visit a friend who would like to
try Linux,  and as a first step, I intended to use
Knoppix to find out all about his hardware, video
card, etc.

However,  when the BIOS came up with the typical "hit
del to enter set-up" message, the del key was ignored,
and we re-booted XP (yet again) - several times!

I was hoping to change the boot sequence in order to
put "boot from CD/DVD" ahead of "boot from main hard
drive",  but was unable to enter the BIOS SET-UP mode.

The keyboard was a typical M$ PS/2  keyboard.  "Del"
was actually "delete" - anyway, no joy.

Any suggestions please ?

Geoff.