[Malvern] Printing problems.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 17 16:45:26 BST 2006

Those who came to No 49 the other evening will recall my printing
difficulties.

All had been well, until I did an apt-get upgrade.
One of the things that got upgraded was CUPS.

There is a lot of discussion on  the  "debian-kde" mailing list about
this problem.
I am not the only victim it seems !

The culprit is CUPS 1.2.

Until they get it sorted out, I am using work-around methods.

Thanks to all for interest and help.

With reference to "choices" - I have to agree with Rick.
When Xorg left XFree,  they moved away from X11R6  to X11R7,  so that
there is a
tie between R6 and XFree,  and a similar one between the newer R6 and Xorg.

Going back to the subject line topic,  the discussion on Debian-KDE
doesn't seem to imply
that the CUPS problem is peculiar to KDE.  Did anyone else try CUPS1.2 ?

Debian probably got hit because of the frequent apt-get upgrade releases
for  "Etch.
After all, this is the "testing" version.

Best regards,

Geoff.