[Malvern] debian sarge install

FRANK JAMES frank.james4 at btinternet.com
Wed May 10 15:50:00 BST 2006

Thanks to you all for your replies to my cry for help. I have another  computer now and have installed the basic system. I can see that KDE is  not installed but although I can read all about it I can't find how to  install the package! I had duly inserted all the 7 disks in order that  the packages could be listed.The aptitude file shows those installed,  i.e the basic system, and those uninstalled, i.e kde.
  However I can't figure out how to persuade the set up to install it!!
  The new computer is a barebones from Novatech, not expensive at all. I am installing from an external usb cd.
  I was stopped in the initial installation by a search for a scsi cd.I  put a scusi  pci card in and then it all went well. I am using a  SATA hd which might explain things.
  Frank James