[Malvern] Job Hunting

Andy Morris zaglabod at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 6 15:54:11 BST 2006

I mentioned at the meeting a colleague, who lives in Malvern, who was in
the middle of recruitment process at GCHQ, after being made redundant
from EDS at Innsworth. I passed on the remarks about parking problems at
GCHQ, and their current recruitment policy, and (as queried) asked why
she had not contacted Qinetiq. Apparently she had not thought that
Qinetiq would consider someone whose primary programming experience is
with all those "interesting" historical softwares of the Civil Service
(Fortran, Cobol, Unix, PCVF, Access, bit of C, etc. ...) and used to
dealing with the vagaries of Civil Service computer projects (as well as
the MOD, RAF, and all the little internal politicking bits).

The next question was, "do any of the Qinetiq Linuxers have a pointer as
to who would be good to write to?"

I pass this on. Lady's name is Madeleine Tyrrell. Is there a particular
contact she could write an initial enquiry to?

Cheers,

Andy M.