[Malvern] What next ?

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 8 17:09:20 BST 2007

Chris Eilbeck wrote: ... Etch has become stable then? Here's waiting for
954Mb to download.

Hi gang.

I have four machines here pretty well up to date with Etch alias 4.0.
All my /apt/sources.list s  (plural)  still point to "testing",  which I
guess will soon be Lenny.

Should I alter /etc/apt/sources.list  to point to "stable",  (at least
for my son's and Lynda's  boxes),
or leave them all on "testing" ?
I think they might prefer a period of shake-down.

I guess all the mirrors are going to be busy too !

The main impact will probably be on installer discs.
The ones which are up-and-running
(I guess) won't be greatly affected, apart from apt-get update operations.

What is the betting that the various magazines will soon have Debian 4.0
on their DVDs ?

Any views please ?

See some of you at next scheduled meeting here.

Geoff.