[Malvern] Wifi adaptors for Linux

Andrew Morris zaglabod at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 16 19:26:31 GMT 2007

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Linux friendly USB or
internal WiFi adaptor?

I have a C&W one, which is amazingly good on Mac and M$, but the driver
has to be installed via wine for Linux, and needs some deft tweaks that
apparently don't always go well with either Ubuntu (I'm thinking
gNewSense) or Knoppix. I'm about to reload an old machine, so I can go
with pretty much anything (although I'm preferring Debian based). I have
a new home for the C&W when redundant, and I can temporarily hook upan
ethernet connection during the reload, but I need a WiFi adaptor for
afterwards.

Cheers,

Andy